With my Logitech Harmony 300 I didn’t have the ContextMenu (right click or c keyboard) option. This action is essential when you want to change some movie information. If I use my XBMC Android app I had the title (= ContextMenu) option so I thought that it must be possible do the same with my logitech harmony. After some searching and debugging I find a solution.
- login to your xbmc with ssh [email protected]
- cp /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml (never hack the original file, that can be overwritten when you do an update)
- nano /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml
- Add this line between the other keyboard shurtcuts <asterisk>ContextMenu</asterisk>
- Save the file (CTRL + W) and restart your xbmc to reload the keyboard.xml config
Now you can login to the www.myharmony.com website and configure the asterisk (*) key to the List button on your remote. Sync your remote with an USB key and your ContextMenu option is ready for use 🙂
If you have some trouble finding out which buttons you can use, the best way is enabling the debugging option in your XBMC. Go to the system settings of your XBMC and enable debugging mode. Then make a ssh connection to your XBMC and type tail -f /home/xbmc/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log to see realtime output.
If you send some remote (IR) actions you can capture the output and if you want to change the action you can edit the keyboard.xml.
If this helps you please leave a comment. Happy hacking 😀